Sunday, February 21, 2016

That One Time I Remembered I Had a Blog

Well if I didn't start every post with "its been awhile..." then you might think I am a better blogger than I actually am. Time to get back in the groove, I guess. If my journal is any indication of how much I like to write, the blank pages should tell you something.
My best way of expressing myself is through pictures, so I'll just start there. And disclaimer, they are on facebook too, so don't get too excited.



 I started my new job with Power County! So far, I have loved every minute. I can pick my shifts, so I can work however much or little I want. Everyone I have worked with have been super helpful and really accepting and nice. I was nervous to pull my first night shift a couple of weeks ago, but it turned out to be more fun than the day shift! There isn't too much action going on at 3 am, so I mostly just slept through that shift. Every day I come home, I get bombarded by my family with a hundred questions about what kind of calls I went out on, and what was the grossest thing I saw that day, so I'd say the job is a hit all around. I don't actually know what I'm legally allowed to say about my job, but I figure if I keep it generic I should be alright. Last shift we were sitting in the station and a firefighter radioed in to dispatch with a request that law enforcement be sent to the very building we were sitting in. I looked at my partner and we both had confusion written all over our faces. The dispatch was for some people that were skateboarding on the roof of the building that was still under construction across the street, so we snuck outside to see what was going on. Sure enough there was a person setting up their camera to tape the extra cool adventure of skateboarding on a roof. The police rolled up and we went inside so they wouldn't feel bad for breaking the law right in front of a police station.


I had to stop by the station one day to get acquainted with the ambulances and fill out some paperwork before I officially started, so Corinne decided to tag along. It was a nice day so we took the ambulance out for a spin, got to know the town a little bit better, and I got to drive for my very first time ever!


 I know I finally picked the right career when I am excited to go to work every day. I always worried I would never find a job I liked, and I would be stuck handing in resumes that had 15 of my previously worked jobs on it. Every day is a new day, and I have yet to go out on a "repeat" call. Each time the tone goes off, my heart races a little, wondering what we are about to get called out to. I'm excited to see where this takes me, and I know it will only get better from here.



Winter is ending and Spring is on its way! We have been going out a lot more lately since the sun is out, and Koda doesn't mind the extra walks. Eli is basically the only one willing to go with me, so we make a sibling date out of it. Not too much excitement on that front, so we'll keep it short.


I know I have the potential to be a more frequent poster, but just in case, see you in a couple months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment