Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Redemption

I was told my last post was so much like the album on FaceBook that it wasn't even worth looking at. So here I am to redeem myself. I pretty much have settled in here in Beechgrove and everything has been going smoothly. I am unpacked and ready for adventure. Today I took Chester (my grandpa's dog) on a walk to tour the neighborhood. We met about 30 dogs on the way. Apparently it is an unspoken rule that if you live here you must own 2-5 dogs and leashing them is optional. We pretty much led a dog parade through the streets. Chester is getting on in his years of life so we couldn't do anything more than a little bit of a stroll. He loves me though so I can't actually complain about that. I can't wait for summer to be able to swim in this huge lake that is literally 100 feet from the house. (well, maybe more because I have never been good at the metric system, but it is really close)

Eli rode on my grandpa's school bus route today and he came home with many stories. He said (his words) that everyone loved him and the girls kept wanting to sit by him. My brother is a player. One little girl told my grandpa that if Eli would sit by her tomorrow, she would be good for the rest of the week and she would behave on the bus. Apparently that kid holds some sort of power over 4th graders.

Well, tomorrow I guess is the big job hunt. I made 2 friends already so maybe they can help me along. Ok, I suppose the post office employee and the guy that delivers meat aren't actual friends, but they were the only people that have talked to me so far. Being in the south is fun. People talk super funny and its hard to not accidentally mimic them when you respond. I honestly can't count how many times people have called me ma'am or miss or young lady. Its a totally different experience from Idaho. Every one is super friendly and always waving as you walk past, or saying howdy (is that a Texas only thing? nobody has really said that here) or just being nice. And I will spare you the boring details of the day to day things that have happened, so hopefully this made up for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment