Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Harvest is the Happiest Time

Blogs are no fun to read without pictures. Am I right? So your wait was worth it. I will now tell you about life on the farm. 

I'm baaaaaaack

"kleen me" Thanks Eli. Good advice

my brother loves it when I take him on truck drives with me. 

this apple was bright red and delicious looking when I left it in the car. Then it turned 130 degrees in that car and cooked that apple to the core 


I was mowing my cousins lawn and may or may not have accidentally cut this mouse's tail off. Don't worry, he lived. I think.  

The country is the wildlife capital of the world 


I found a baby bird in the cellar!


he had absolutely no fear of me. That, and he couldn't fly.

Today's exciting news for me was that for the first time, I drove a manual truck all by myself! I have never even driven a stick shift car in my life, let alone a truck. It was pretty exciting. People were tired of bringing trucks to the shop so I could wash/clean them, so I got enough of a lesson to be able to do it by myself. It's the little things, guys. 
I have also developed an unhealthy love for country music. I'm not sure what happened there exactly but I don't think I hate it. I think it comes with the territory of working on a farm all day. That, and my Spanish is improving exponentially.


No comments:

Post a Comment