Monday, January 9, 2012

Adventure Time

What I lack in education, I make up for in life experience. This morning I was shaken awake by my sister, who in 5 minutes conned me into helping our aunt out for the day. My aunt usually takes care of an elderly lady every Monday and couldn't today because she was sick. So, the task was given to me and my sister. We thought it was going to be a quick little thing where we could be done before anyone even knew we had left. 7 hours later, we had been to Jerome for the Dr. appointment, stopped off in Twin for lunch and a visit to some stores to buy some odds and ends, back to Burley, hit up Walmart, the grocery store, and the post office, then went home and scrubbed the carpet floor where she'd hit her nose and got blood everywhere, made dinner, put everything away, and promised a return visit in the future. What truly made it all worth it was the conversation topics... we were talking about being married and acceptable age differences between men and women and she says, ''I know that guys like to marry younger women, but now I hear that there's a thing called cougars!' After my sister and I gathered ourselves from laughing so hard she continued with, ''and the man at my church keeps asking me out to dinner, but I keep having to tell him no.'' Oh man, I hope I am an awesome old person.

No comments:

Post a Comment