Saturday, March 10, 2012

Run Down

Wow...who even remembers who I am anymore? I just got done with the most stressful week of my life and figured a quick update was due. Ok, I really haven't been that busy, really I just like to be dramatic. I finally got myself a job (pretty good seeing as it only took me 4 days) but unfortunately it only lasted for a week. I was a nanny for this little family with 3 boys. I thought 'oh cool a baby to play with in the day and 2 boys after school. not bad'...little did I know I was stepping into my very own episode of Hoarders. This house was unlike any other house I have ever seen in my life. When the dad toured me through to show me around, we were literally stepping on clothes as we walked down the halls. I won't go into detail (because that could take me the rest of my life) but just as a little visual, downstairs there was over 100 loads of laundry to be done, sitting in front of the 2 washers. In the 4 days that I was there, I accomplished 24 loads. That's like more laundry than I have ever done in my whole entire life (thanks mom and dad for sparing me that punishment)  :) anyway, it was hard. And I am kind of glad to be done with them and excited to hopefully start with a new family. I have my unofficial interview tomorrow before church, so we'll see how that goes. Yeah, I'm cool enough to nanny for people that actually go to my church. What of it. Also, I'm addicted to Parenthood the tv show. I have a unhealthy obsession with each of those guys. And we just finished watching the new Footloose in the theater room at my house (that is a whole other thing to go ahead and be jealous of), so I'm in a pretty good place right now.

one corner of the laundry room. This was after I had emptied the 3 large tupperware full of clothes and washed them. (You can't really see the depth, but that pile was almost as tall as me, and for sure longer than me.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that sounds awful!!! I would have quit too. I wish you would have documented the whole thing for our entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have except I was embarrassed for the family...I didn't think they needed the world to know how they are. Well, except for my blog family, you guys can know. I'll put up one pic I did take.

      Delete