Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Final Countdown

It's been awhile. I have been doing nothing except for working day in and day out. I accomplished some pretty good 37 hour weeks at the pool (because heaven forbid if we go over 40 hours...our boss is really strict that we do not do that) and I have not been doing much else besides that.

 I had this whole week off preschool because parent teacher conferences are mostly over and the need for substitutes was lessened. I work tomorrow and then on the 8th and those are my very last days working there. I can't believe the actual countdown to leaving is coming up so soon! I have mixed emotions still. Sad to leave my good job with good pay, but really happy to see my family again.

 I have been enlisting my mom to help me find a job when I get back and I think I am pretty much set there. Of course I will go back to the pool because I have no other skills than to do CPR, and swim really fast. I don't think I can get rescue skills to leave my brain even if I tried.

 I think it will be a little bit of a culture shock you could say to go back to Idaho. I find myself adapting to living here in every aspect of my life. Whether it be sneaking around back roads to avoid traffic, teaching almost every person I come in contact with what a Mormon is, being able to go to almost any store at night without it being closed ridiculously early, or working really hard every day (and I really do mean every day...how do some people just work Monday through Sunday with no problem?) I hope it won't be like re-adapting when I get back to Burley. I really hope people remember who I am and I still have some form of Seniority at the pool. I am really tired of starting from the bottom and fighting my way to the top. They finally stopped giving me all the "new girl" jobs and I start getting a little bit of responsibility every night. We have some new guards that have come to work there and I finally don't feel like I'm at the bottom of the totem pole anymore. (that is a saying, right?)

In short, I guess I just have been doing a lot of the same thing, just kind of ready for a new chapter in my life. Can't wait to get those mission papers in and see where I'll be spending the next 18 months of my life!!  If any one is looking for something to do in June, I know I sure am not looking forward to a 3 day trip back west driving by myself! I'll provide some good company and maybe some car snacks if you wanna come help me drive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment