Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spring has Sprung

Hey guys! It feels like forever since I've blogged and in reality it really wasn't that long ago. I am working around 12-14 hour days every day (including Saturdays) so I feel a  little overworked and under payed. I say that because I still haven't received a single paycheck and I've almost been working for a full month now. Something about my paperwork going through to the government and pay week is only every 2 weeks and I missed the first week and blah blah blah. But when I finally do get one my life will be so happy because I have been working 60 hour weeks.

I have also planned a surprise visit home! Well, its not actually a surprise because everyone knows I am coming, but it is definitely earlier than planned.  In exactly one month from tomorrow I will be making the trek back across the country and to my home! I will have completed my 5 months in Virginia and done everything I ever hoped to do.

I'm still trying to get my mission papers unlocked so I can turn them in, and that is turning out to be more of a process than I'm sure actually completing them will be. All the people I work with ask me why I am leaving back to Idaho and not coming back and trying to explain to them that I'm leaving for a year and a half is hard. They immediately ask where, and then that's another 5 minute conversation on why I don't know yet. I guess to a real person it doesn't really make a lot of sense to move 18 states away from home and only live there for a second, but I guess it wasn't really all about working for me. I have done a lot more here than just go to work and try to make money.  I have had so many missionary opportunities already and I think that living in a place that is predominately non LDS has helped me a lot. I have had a lot of questions answered for me personally about what I want to do next with my life, and I have tried to help people get rid of the super ridiculous misconceptions some people have about being Mormon... I think they might as well consider my first 2 months of service completed already (just kidding)

And on another plus side, I now get to go to the family vacation on the Oregon coast! Be jealous of that. My mom rented a really big house on the beach and we are reunioning there with some of the cousins I haven't seen forever. We do weird stuff like travel to states where no one lives and gather there. I am not looking forward to packing my little baby car though. I don't know why the me in February decided I would need all this stuff, but I guess that is the price you pay for being a nervous worrier. Well, since today is my only afternoon off, I guess I better get myself over to the pool and swim some laps so I can count it for my in service! <only 10 more degrees until we can swim in our pool here!!>

No comments:

Post a Comment