Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Polar Bear Plunge

I did it! We took the first swim of the year. Olivia and I went on a little sunset run tonight and we did pretty good considering we both haven't ran for way too long of a time. We chose an uphill both ways path (seriously it felt like we were always climbing some sort of hill) and when we got home we threw on our suits and literally fell into the pool without another thought. It was freeeeezing at first but we got used to it pretty quickly and we ended up turning on the pool lights and swimming until it got pretty dark out. I love that it is finally warm enough to do that. My time here is shortening and I am trying to get in every last activity I can before I go back to the west. I am so excited to go home, and a little sad to be leaving. I find with any place that you live you get to know people and you make bonds with them that are a little heartbreaking to break. I keep having to remind myself that better things are coming (a mission to be exact) and I will have to meet a whole entire state or country's worth of people and then trust that when I leave, everything will be ok. It's ok to be sad because that means that my time here was actually worth something. And before this turns into a saga, I'm going to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment