Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hello, Welcome to AMC!

Today was another day of training at the movie theater, but instead of the boring class lecture we got yesterday, today we actually got to go downstairs and be seen by the public! (we have been upstairs hidden in a windowless classroom for hours on end) We learned how to use the cash registers and where everything was and then after like a quick 30 minute rundown our instructor told us he had to go and we had to stay until closing. That was a lot of pressure for being a real live employee for 30 seconds. We got paired up and my partner and I rocked it. We served 5 whole people in 2 hours and we were so bad we just had to laugh. Our transactions took us at least 5 minutes each to actually figure out what we were doing and we just had to keep the guests laughing so they wouldn't notice how horrible we actually were. We even managed to mess up refilling some guys soda (the guy I was working with's fault, not mine). Basically if work is as much standing around and laughing as we did, I think I will be just fine. Oh, and free icee's whenever I want? Don't mind if I do! (there are other free things we get, but obviously I am not as excited about them) And on a wonderful closing note, our backyard pool opened today! Hooray! I have been waiting for this moment ever since I moved here. Not even kidding. Unfortunately at the moment it is only accessible to people who love swimming in 50 degree pools. Keep on shining, sun! Warm my pool up! If I don't show up in the blog world for a while, its because the crazy hours I work killed me. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment