Friday, April 27, 2012

Floating. or Sinking.

After tallying up my grand total of hours worked this week, I realized maybe I made a mistake. Not a mistake in counting, (trust me, I know how tired I am) but a mistake in choosing to work. I knew it was kind of dumb to apply for so many jobs and then accept them all. I worked 42 hours this week and counted my hours for next week and will work 59. I have never worked that many hours on anything in my whole entire life.  But I don't want this whole post to be about complaining, I just wanted a tiny bit of sympathy for like 2 seconds. Self pity over.

So today at preschool, I made some friends. I really do love that job and anybody who asks me to sub I try to move everything else so I can. I have subbed for ages 2-4 so far. Definitely the 4 year olds are my favorite mainly because they are potty trained. This sounds like a weird reason to love someone, but I can only be peed on so many times before I start to not love that. This job is also cool because it is a Jewish preschool so we follow all the holidays and traditions they observe. I have never really known that much about Israel or Jews, so this is a way cool experience for me. Every Friday we do a prayer for their Sabbath and I just love listening to tiny children sing words that they have taken so much time to memorize. They can't even read and they can barely write, but they have learned from home and from school all these Israeli words and these really cool concepts and ideas. Since today was Shabbat (the 7th day of the week), I learned all about Shabbat Shalom and got greeted nicely by all the students. Since I have never studied Jewish customs, I won't preach about this because really I know very little. All I know is I love the experience I am gaining.

Life is a little stressful and a little crazy, but that won't stop me from feeling excited every time something really fantastic happens...such as best friend Cassie coming to see me tomorrow!!! yeah, I'll be working, but this is really happening and I really do get to see her for a minute! If you are wondering the way to my heart, it is visiting this homesick little girl who just needs some friends :)

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean I am in your heart now?? Thanks for letting me play with you this weekend. I mostly love you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are. thanks for watching 64 movies with me. I already miss having friends :)

      Delete