Sunday, April 24, 2011

Camping Extraordinaire

I have probably been camping a total of 4 times in my whole life. This weekend I went with my aunt's family and some of their friends on an Easter camp out. Despite the fact that I now smell like a campfire, it was a pretty successful week. I would post pictures of what I looked like, but I figure that would just be mean to make the world look at that. It has come to my attention that I am not a camper. My parent's never took us on week long camp outs, and now I know why. It's cold, wet, and I probably will smell like a fire for the rest of my life. But if done the right way, such as camping in the middle of town with electricity, a hot tub, and little cabins for warmth, it's not so bad.
Here is what our campsite looked like this morning. Ok, not really, but that really did almost happen. It rained ALL night and it was so cold! I feel like I need to sleep for a week to make up for all the sleeping that did not happen last night.

Moving on with the recap of this week. We pretty much roasted anything that fits on the end of a stick. Marshmallows, starbursts, oranges  (idea: 5 year old cousin   end result: not so great) etc. I roasted a marsh that I didn't even know existed that large. After the half hour it took to cook, I could not even finish it. But it was toasted to perfection!






I have just now taken my hair out of their tiny camping braids. I would shower, but I am not ready to part with this style.

On a completely unrelated note... someone was selling puppies at WalMart the other day. I have never wanted something more in my whole life than I did at that moment. They were tender!! But 11 more days and I get to go home, so that's happy too I guess.

3 comments:

  1. I was a little concerned when I first saw that picture.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that is not my hand either...but Google images knew just what I was looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you survived the camping trip! AND so glad you didn't buy a puppy! Way to go with the music on the site... cool!!

    ReplyDelete