Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's A New Day


Yesterday I got some news that my GPS had been stolen out of my mom's car in Idaho. It wouldn't be that bad, except I paid for it all by myself and it was one of the things that I really liked having. I am directionally challenged, and I get lost more than one would think. This news was piled on top of some other news from my day that I was already upset about, so I kind of just melted down. Today I woke up and realized something....  Today is a good day.
    Someone smiled because I smiled at them.
    My parents love me unconditionally.
    Tomorrow can always be a better day.
    It's Thursday- which means 5 more days until I can go home.
    One of my Professor's told me my smile was his favorite thing- and to never ever stop showing it. 
    It is a lot easier to be happy than it is to think of reasons to be sad.
    I can be whoever I want to be right now, no matter what my situation looks like. 
    


“Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” -Unknown
    
   


    

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog Emily!! I can't wait to stalk you mwuahaha

    ReplyDelete