Sunday, December 11, 2011

Confusion

Today at church I randomly had a lot of people come up to me and ask me what I'm doing with my life these days. I get the occasional awkward chat from a lot of people I've basically known my whole life wondering what I'm up to, but today at least 5 people cornered me and asked me what my plans are for this winter/next year. I gave the usual response: Oh nothing,  just working until I go on my mission...no I don't have a job right now...yes I'm planning on getting one...yes I put my mission papers in 6 months... But today I was so flustered by all these people asking me the same question that I accidentally told people I was 19, told them my birthday was in July, and told them that I had a job. Apparently I don't work well under pressure because I am 20, jobless, and born in September! Basically I am not really good at confrontational questions.



3 comments:

  1. haha wow that is quite... something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That is so funny. Did I know you.were going on a mish!? That's exciting! Is Jess so proud?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she's proud! My mom said she never thought her daughters would all go. I am really excited.

    ReplyDelete