Thursday, December 15, 2011

Growing Up

Finals are done!! Finals are done!!! Ok, just kidding I don't have any finals. But I really am feeling out of the loop these days while all my friends are busy being responsible adults at school and I am at home...not doing that. I went to my little brother's 'Arrow of Light' tonight where he progressed from a baby scout to one of the big kid scouts. Obviously I don't know their proper titles never having been a scout before... But as I stood there after and he gave me a 'quick my friends are looking and I don't want them to see I'm hugging you' hug, it kind of just hit me that I am doing something with my life. I get to see my little sibs grow up a little bit before I leave in a year and a half, and when I come home, go to school and finish up my young adult life. Its not every day you get to see your brother walk across the bridge (a literal one) and kind of just grow up in front of your eyes. I am kind of glad I don't have school on my mind and stresses of an education right now because that can come later. There is all sorts of time for school but there isn't a lot of time to spend time with your family before everyone is too busy with finals, too busy with studying, and just living too far away to really know what's going on. I know some people question my decision to stay at home and work until I leave next year, but for me it feels right. (plus, who is going to complain about free rent and food? not me...I did college, I know how expensive it is to live) Also, if I wasn't here I would have never had the motivation to get up every morning at 6 am to go with my crazy mom to the gym and run until I can't breathe, but shaving 4 minutes off my mile this morning made me smile and think about progression in the long run. (ha, see what I did there?)

                                                         In summary, I'd just like to say

4 comments:

  1. I read the first line of this in my blogger feed and thought to myself "Oh I should go congratulate her!" I feel so tricked...so betrayed...but really I would like to join you in saying wahhoooo no finals for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding Delainey while reading my feeds, and when she saw the picture of the hand in your post, she waved and said, "Hi!". So cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, I wanna go to the Arrow of Light!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah.. you're a funny little bean

    ReplyDelete