Wednesday, December 21, 2011

News

I got enough courage to call the tax collector today. The easiest way for me to explain this story is like this:

Me: Hi, I got a tax notification for a house I don't live in.
Operator: Ok, what is your name?
M: Emily.
O: Ok, so it shows you live at 401 W. Main in Homedale. Is this correct?
M: No, I don't live there. I live in Burley, Idaho. I have never heard of Homedale.
O: Are you sure? Did you maybe put a lease out and someone just put the property in your name?
M: Yes, I am sure that I have never been there, never heard of it, and do not own property.
O: Are you certain that this property is not yours?
M: Yeah, I'm sure.
O: Ok, well we have it in our system that your current address is 401. Do you mean to say that you do not currently reside there and you do not own that property?
M: Yes, that is what I am saying. I do not live there, I never have, I don't know why it is in my name.
O: Ok, I'm going to put you on hold........ Ok, well that might have just been a mistake in our system. Do you own any more property or anything that should not be in your name?
M: No.
O: Ok it is taken care of. Bye.

Well geesh. Call me crazy but this lady did not believe I was telling her the truth! I am not kidding I had to tell her at least 3 times that I do not live there. Also, is it just me or was that really easy to take care of? I feel like more people could just call in and say that they don't live in their houses if they didn't feel like paying taxes. I mean totally dishonest, but fairly simple. I feel so relieved that is out of the way. You can all rest easy now.


                              Everyone say hello (and goodbye) to the first home I've ever owned.

3 comments:

  1. let's take a drive on over to visit our homies in Homedale and see what's happenin with your reputation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I google mapped it and that right there is the beautiful property I own. Well, my name owns it anyway.

    ReplyDelete