Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my brother's birthday. My uncle happened to be across the street doing a tree job for our neighbors (he is a tree remover/landscaper/sprinklers/anything you want guy) and he brought his bucket truck over to give Jared a birthday ride. This turned into the neighborhood gathering and them each getting a turn to go up for a minute. Before I knew it, I had 9 neighborhood kids chanting my name telling me to go up. I just couldn't say no to that kind of peer pressure so I climbed in. Since its only really meant for one worker, I kind of sat on the edge of the bucket, gripping it in a vice grip. We started our 80 foot or so ascent, and it was so terrifying. I of course had to keep it together for the children's sake, but inside I was screaming. We got to the top and it lurched a little and that was slightly alarming. My uncle has always been a jokester so as we were up there he suggested I take a better look and stand up on the edge. He grabbed my leg and playingly tried to push me over the edge. That didn't go over well. The verdict is still the same: I am scared of heights. I personally liked each exaggerated child's account of what they saw when they were up there: I saw WalMart! (about 8 miles away), I saw my house! (again, way across town...), I saw people walking down the street! (that one may have been true.) Me on the other hand, I saw my life flash before my eyes.

video and picture to be uploaded later...when I can figure out how to get them off the ipod.


No comments:

Post a Comment