Saturday, November 5, 2011

Social Butterfly

Ok, so it's a pretty well known fact that I don't get out much....that's what happens when your life revolves around work and you have about 2 friends in Burley. Sometimes less. My wonderful, marvelous, fantastic, best aunt bought me a ticket to go to the Jon Schmidt and Steve Sharp Nelson Benefit Concert. Whew, that's a mouthful. Some friends I know happened to be going and we all sat together and just had a special time. It was a really cool 'concert' and I had a fabulous time. The sad thing is now I feel like I can never ever reach that greatness in piano skill, and I feel way inferior about that. This guy was truly fantastic at playing the piano and the whole time I wished I was his child (in a non creepy 'I just wish you were my dad or my piano teacher' way) If you are all super confused and wishing you knew what I was talking about, I will give you the rundown of what these guys did....Jon plays the piano (super amazingly well) and he uses everything from his head to his hands and his feet...sometimes upside down or laying down or dancing or whatever he feels like doing. Steve plays the cello, also really well. They take songs and put their own spin on them. Here is a small taste of what we're dealing with here...



Ok, well now that I have filled my sales pitch quota, I can go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Well first off, I love him.
    Second off, that was one of the cutest things I've seen. I love old people.

    ReplyDelete