Monday, May 16, 2011

Accidents


Today, we had a lot of work to do because it might rain this week and that would set us back a few days (we can't work when it rains). So, we were going all over town working as fast as we could. We get to the cemetery and spent a significant amount of time there. I was mowing pretty fast and not really paying as much attention as I should have. I accidentally bumped a tombstone and it toppled over (not very far to the ground, it was fine). I tried to pick it up only to find it weighed about 250 pounds! I quickly called over my friend who was working with me to see if she could help me lift it up before our boss saw me and yelled at me. We pushed and pulled and lifted with all our might and after about the 3rd try we got it back on the stand. Moral of the story... tombstones weigh a LOT. Watch out for them.

2 comments:

  1. stop spending so much time in places where you don't belong until you die

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got it. I'll cut it down to once a week...

    ReplyDelete