Monday, May 30, 2011

The Olden Days

My younger sister came limping and screaming into my aunt's house where my aunt and mom and myself were watching a documentary. She was carrying on like somebody had chopped her very leg off. After probably 5 minutes of inconsolable crying and screaming she got out a few sentences. She said that my other younger cousin said they were playing "The Olden Days" and in order to play you had to wear a skirt. My brothers were playing on a sort of a teeter totter wood pipe metal thing (thats the description we were given) and she lost her balance and fell off, trapping herself upside down hanging from her foot. It was a very dramatic experience. The thing that gets me is that they were playing 'The Olden Days'. Whatever happened to house or just playing in a tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment