Friday, May 27, 2011

Fuego!!



Today was quite the day. I was on my assigned lawn mower, Old Rickety. Well, as his loving name suggests, he is an old mower and I can be trusted with him because apparently I break things, and breaking him wouldn't be the end of the world. Anyway, so the battery on Ol' Rick wasn't holding a charge so I had to jump start it every single time we got to a new place. I had never jump started a mower before so this was a new thing for me. I got the jumper cables and I put them on what I thought was the right places. It started just great and I went to take the cables off the little screw things that it hooks on and no one told me that you weren't allowed to let the ends of those cables touch anything else and it touched a little screw on the battery and wouldn't you know... that thing started on fire. So I stood there panicking because I wasn't wearing gloves or anything to put that out, and you know, the lawn mower was on fire! Luckily, my boss was standing like 2 feet away and he just started laughing at me and grabbed the fire with his fingers and put it out. I was terrified, but luck would have it, no harm was done. Close call.

No comments:

Post a Comment