Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Things I Learned



As I am preparing to leave Cedar City in 2 days, I am reminiscing about the good days. I learned a thing or two while I was here.

    WalMart-bless its soul- is my now least favorite grocery store. I can't wait to go home to other options.


    Despite having 2 classes on Friday, with a whole weekend to study, just about anybody can and will wait to start homework at 8 pm Sunday night.


     Moving into college automatically reverts you to age 4...Seriously. Since I've been here, my diet has consisted of cereal and yogurt, I regularly color, I've played on a children's playground more than once, I take naps just about every day, and skipping is a perfectly acceptable way to walk. 


   The deliciousness of easymac is directly proportional with the hour of night. The later it gets, the better it tastes. (3am- oh man, this is the best thing I've EVER tasted!! 3pm- ugh, why am I eating this cardboard and cheese flavored glue in a packet??)


    No matter how delicious the dining hall looks (ice cream, hamburgers, endless pasta) after 10 weeks, you WILL get sick of it. 


    If you see something weird here (kids dressed in weird animal costumes, unicycles, sword fights, random professions of love, etc) just keep walking. Its SUU. Weird is normal here. 


   11pm on the weekends is considered "early". At home I'm usually up till 1 or 2, but around here as soon as its 11, I'm in my PJ's ready for bed.  


    Appreciate good food when you can get it. There is an endless amount of love I feel for my relatives or friends' parents who make me home cooked meals. 


    The 5 second rule automatically becomes the 5 minute rule. This negatively effects the cleanliness of any floor. 


   Being poor is cool. Everyone is doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment