Friday, October 28, 2011

Awkward

Here is a story. It's the best I can do today. I've been feeling a little sickly as you may have heard. You can call me lazy or whatever you want, but I like to take it easy around here. Around 6 tonight I decided it finally was time to get in the shower because I had to go to my church and play the piano for a little group doing a song, and I figured the least I could do was be presentable. After I got out, I went into the living room for a second to check something on my mom's computer before I went downstairs. Being the only one home, I didn't think it would be a big deal. I did happen to notice the front door was open and the porch light was on, but I didn't think too much of that. Suddenly, I hear a knock on the screen door. I froze in place while a million scenarios ran through my head: Run for it and risk being seen, stay on the couch and hope they don't open the door, talk out loud and tell them I was in a towel, answer the door in said towel and hope it was one of my moms female friends who would understand why I was standing there in a towel, or do nothing. I chose option A and ran for it. I bolted into my brothers' bedroom and turned off the light. (in stressful situations I like to think that the dark will solve all my problems) The person at the door then rang the doorbell. All the lights are on in the house and the door is open, so I suppose they just figured I was taking my time answering the door. I am almost positive they heard me run across the living room as well. After the 3rd ring, they gave up and left. I stayed in the room for a second making sure I was clear and then went to close the door. As I got to the door I look out and see them sitting in a big silver truck just waiting outside my house. So I, being the rational person I am, turn off the living room lights and shut the door. I honestly had no idea what else to do. I'm sure they were really confused as to why I wouldn't answer the door and I just wish I could have explained myself or at least had someone else here to do it for me! I'm sure they thought I was rude or something. I then ran downstairs and dressed myself faster than I've ever  put clothes on before. Moral of the story: Always get dressed after you shower.

                                                        And this is my other issue: 

3 comments:

  1. HAHA! I can't believe you turned off the living room lights after they saw you... haha! They probably think our whole family is so rude, haha. I can't stop haha'ing. I was really expecting the story to say, "So I ran into my little brothers' room, and since there was nothing else to do, I put on Jared's shorts and T-shirt, and came out dressed like a dinosaur-loving basketball-playing 10-year-old." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHAHA!! The graph just made that whole thing! Nice work.. I'm proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I really was running low on options of what to do. I didn't want to be spotlighted running through the house, so I figured the lights had to go!

    thanks, I'm working on my life stories. Maybe I'll write a book.

    ReplyDelete