Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Titles? Who does that.

A quick update from the home front... am I alive? Yes. Should I be? Well, decide for yourself.

Being a farmer these days, I know how to be tough. I no longer scream like a little girl when I see a spider. Actually, I will say I no longer scream bloody murder when I see a spider. I've toned it down. So there are all these little harvest spiders that like to hang out in our trucks. They spin their little webs right in front of our faces (literally) and are super annoying. I am constantly swiping them off my face and squishing them. They are like not even a centimeter big, so that is where my bravery comes from. We all remember the brief period of time where I was a little obsessed with spiders (which probably stemmed from the infestation I had of them in my room). Anyway, yesterday the spider I call Fred got really personal and bit me on the cheek. I was not happy with him when I woke up today and saw that he left a big red bump on my cheek. I was not going to let him be the boss of me, so today I scraped that little bite off my cheek and to my surprise, little baby Fred's started pouring out of the open wound. On a scale of one to disgusting, I probably could have been on the set of 'Fear Factor.' Ok, so spiders did not come out of my face. But it sure felt like it. Gross, lets move on. I guess what I'm getting at here is that I do not love spiders and I do not love being forced to live in the same space as them. Because this post isn't random enough, I am going to throw some great news in. We are almost done with our last field. There is an end in sight! I can almost have a life again and my blog posts will go back to being their regularly scheduled paragraphs of hilariousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment