Sunday, October 23, 2011

Spread Those Wings


It has finally happened. The moment we (well me at least) have all been waiting for. I got my acceptance letter to Washington State University! I have been waiting for this for at least a month. I will be going to Kennewick, Washington for a semester of school in January and if all goes well, will graduate from there (don't worry, not any time soon or anything). I still have a lot of details to figure out and I have a lot of things to do before I go, but I am up for the challenge. I kind of feels like I am writing an obituary to my old life and completely gearing up for a new one, and for me,  it feels kind of weird. I already did the whole college scene and was not too impressed with what it had to offer, so maybe things will be different this time around. What I do know is that I am ready to start a life for myself and I know I can't do that from the basement of my parents house. I am grateful they gave me this opportunity to get a hold of myself and figure out what I wanted, instead of just shoving me out of the house in search of a new beginning. I guess it just really kind of hit me that this is what I want, and I'm excited to be able to have this opportunity. It's not everyday that you make a future for yourself.

Ok, all this deepness is really hard to come by so we'll just be done with this sentimentality for now.

3 comments: