Friday, September 9, 2011

The Family That Jogs Together Blogs Together

Today I ran my very first marathon!!! 26 miles! Ha just kidding I did the kid marathon that is a pre race to all the stuff that is tomorrow. So actually it was 1.4 miles. But I ran the whole entire thing and I won a medal, a chocolate milk, and a pencil! It was kind of humiliating to be beaten by 12 and 13 year olds, but we won't talk about how many of them came before me. I beat my mom, Jared, Corinne, and my cousin Jordan, so I felt pretty good enough about that. Also, I spray painted the lines on the country roads for the bikers to know what way to go, and that was 56 miles of country road so that took quite some time. We also put up the signs to tell them when to turn, go straight, and pot holes and such. It pretty much took 5 hours in the blazing heat and it was really tiring, but I got a cool free shirt so I'm ok with that. Tomorrow I am going to work at the massage booth, and we won't even talk about how excited I am to do that! I am going to practice for my major in school (massage therapy and sports medicine) so maybe I can learn a thing or two and get some experience. I've heard I'm pretty good at it.
the cliché bathroom picture. But, I love my cool new shirt.

My mother and I after the race. Wish my camera showed how tired we were! 


So excited to have finished my first 'race' without stopping! It felt pretty good. 

Little Jared proud to have 'wan' his first race! (walk-ran) :)

The chocolate milk made it all worth it!

3 comments:

  1. You are a cute excited little girl, aren't ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember yesterday when I told you that I made myself a delicious smoothie? That was me telling you about my life like I have been told to do. I can't believe that you didn't even think to tell me about this adventure! Hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My face hurt with the excitement that was trying to break free. Cas, if you knew how crazy this whole race thing was, you'd be surprised that I can still function. I didn't have a single second to tell anyone anything. It was go go go go go go go!

    ReplyDelete