Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hot Potato

I am a firm believer in a picture being worth a thousand words. It has come to my attention that I haven't blogged in a week! What is that all about? Instead of telling you (which could take up a blog and a half's worth of words) I will show you.

my power balance bracelet came in the mail! yes, I realize that they are 'proven' to actually be a scam, but I bought it online for 99 cents. I call that a deal. 

I hung out with this little guy. He likes to wear weird clothes, but I still love him. 


That's right folks! I drove a real live tractor! Ok, no I didn't . But I washed all the windows. See how you can see perfectly out the front right there? That's because I am a fantastic cleaner. 

So driving a potato truck is a pretty clean job, right? Wrong. 

I come home every day and I look something like this. 

The dirtiest I've ever been. In my life. 


Hour 6 or 7. 13 hour days will do this to you. 

One day we were waiting around while the potato belt cleared a little (sometimes the pile gets too high and we get backed up) so we did some math. We decided that every truck load gives around 30 bags of potatoes, each bag is 100 lbs., and each potato weighs around 1-1.5 lbs. You do the math. That's a lot of potatoes, people.
Ok, why don't I own any food?? What is the point of a cute mini fridge in your room?! It does provide some deliciously cold water though. 

Please understand that waking up at 6 am, going on my run (keeping strong on the cpt5k!), and then going to work till 8:30 or 9 at night, is super exhausting. If you only hear from me once a week, that might be all I can give. I will try to postpone my 9:30 bedtime a little longer to give you some fantastically great updates. :) Also, don't tell me all about your schoolwork that keeps you up till 3 am, and all of your hard days because I require at least 9 hours of sleep. Always have, always will.

sidenote: Pandora, you've outdone yourself! Way cool layout! I like it a lot more than Facebook currently!

Thinking about potatoes reminded me of this song. Yeah, I'm a Wiggles fan, what of it. 

5 comments:

  1. The water from your fridge is the best in the west! Also the east....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like an oompa loompa, what of it. BUT I can seriously see some future health challenges due to a lining of that brown dust settling in your lungs. Can I persuade you to buy a mask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "flaphy" was blogger's word of choice for the day, just fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Casey.. doesn't look like a healthy thing to be inhaling all day. And I am also a wiggles fan.. maybe that's why we're besties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen so many potatoes in all my years. Can I please have a water? Just one.

    ReplyDelete