Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Islanders

Only getting to use the internet one time a day is kind of hard! I get on fb (yeah, still can't break that habit) and I have a bazillion notifications so I spend my whole time going through those. I promised pictures, but I feel like since they are on Fb, we can just call that good. Maybe I will save some exclusively for the blog, to make your time here worth it. I am so exhausted it is hard to think of something to write. The heat makes it really hard to sleep, and the places they cram me in are also a deterrent of sleeping. So far I have slept on a couch, a hard wood table, and currently a blow up raft for the pool. But, it's just one week and I have the rest of my life to sleep. We started out in San Juan and then yesterday traveled to Cabo Rojo and spent some time there. It took around 2.5 hours to cross the island and the drivers are crazy! They really don't care about using their blinkers or brakes, but they sure do love the horn!  We are now somewhere else (I just get in the car and fall asleep so the drives aren't so miserable) and I think we are staying here until Saturday, so I will definitely get some good pictures of the area. I am having the time of my life and I am so excited that I will actually remember this trip! The last big trip I took was to Paris/London, but I was only like 10 or so, so I don't remember very much of it. I will definitely be coming back here. I am told that more than half the island is related to me! It's our joke that whenever I see someone cute or someone doing something interesting that they are automatically my primo. I have a lot of cousins around here in that case. It is really interesting to learn about the family history here and I had no idea that I had so many relatives around! I guess it will be easy to find a place to stay in the future! Well its time to go watch some telemundo! Not really, thats just the only spanish phrase I have on hand. Nos vemos maƱana a mis amigos! Te amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment