Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Return

Internet! Air conditioning! Electricity! (haha just kidding we had power) My own bed!! I am home. And I think I love it. It's sometimes a good thing to go away for a long time to realize what exactly you have and what a good thing it is. When I stepped out of the airport and took a breath of air that wasn't saturated in humidity, that was nice. I had a really great time in Puerto Rico, but it sure is nice to be home. Here are some of the last of the pictures I took, exclusive to this blog, just as I promised.
Gas was only 91 cents! Jealous? 
Thank You for flying Air Delta.

A little view of Atlanta, Georgia. I might live here someday. I like it.


 On the last flight home from Atlanta, I sat next to this little 12 year old girl flying alone. She looked nervous, scared, and a little terrified to be on the flight. I asked her if this was her first time flying so maybe I could comfort her and make her feel better about it. She told me this was her 9th time flying this year. Alone. Poor kid. She didn't really warm up to me until about half way through the flight, but when she decided I was nice, (after I pulled out my coloring book and started coloring) we talked the whole way home after that. I am going to tell you her story because I was intrigued, and also I thought she was a really cool little girl. She had just gotten back from a cruise with her grandparents that left from Florida and went to Mexico, Haiti, and close to Venezuela. It was her 2nd cruise, her first being when she was 8. Her dad lives in Florida, her mom in Utah. She commutes every summer between the two, and she loves Florida much more than Utah (who wouldn't?). I thought it was really sad that she had to fly alone so much, but way cool to be able to have all those experiences at such a young age! Yeah a 12 year old has flown more in her life than I have in my 20 years of life... what of it? Sometimes I like little kids more than adults. The majority of the time they are much nicer anyway.

Speaking of little kids, at the terminal to get our luggage, I overheard a little boy talking to his sister. He said, hey do you know what WWF stands for? She thinks about it for a minute, then shakes her head no. He emphatically said 'World War Fuzzy!' then cracked up about his own joke for at least 5 minutes. Little kids are such dorks.


Now it's time to get back to real life. Anybody got any suggestions about the next step I should take in my life? This whole being an adult thing and making my own decisions isn't actually any fun.

1 comment:

  1. I love that I have already heard all the stories that you tell in your blog every day. It's my favorite. Also, I could suggest what to do with your life right now....but you probably know what I would say and are sick of hearing it ;)

    ReplyDelete