Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No Pain, No Gain

Sometimes, well actually a lot of the time, I find myself doing things that at the time appear to be a good idea, but with a little more thought turn out to be those not so good ideas. I was thinking to myself that today would be a good day to go get my legs waxed so I wouldn't have to worry about shaving while I was on vacation. I will say if there are any guys out there that aren't so much interested in hearing about my experience with this fun adventure, I'd tune in to another blog. Anyway, I make the appointment and go in to the beauty college (which at the time seemed like a good idea because its cheap there because half of their 'students' don't know what they are doing).... After an hour of pain and torture, the girl finally finished both of my legs. They are bumpy and rashy and sting like crazy but I leave. As I am sitting in the car with my mom headed to WalMart, I happen to run my hand down my supposed-to-be-smooth-as-a-baby's-bottom legs and find that in fact there probably was more hair there then when I started. So we head back. I tell the lady at the desk that I think my wax was ineffective and asked if she could look at it or something. She did, and agreed with me that it did indeed look like nothing at all was done to my legs. SO, I get 2 more girls who are supposedly more experienced and they take me back and begin again putting the painful hot wax on my legs. Another 45 minutes rolls by and I just mostly want them to stop ripping strips of fabric off my already tender, rashed, beat up legs, so I tell them they look great. After tweezing some of the more stubborn hairs (which was a new experience for me...who knew you used tweezers on your legs), I was set free. I am now sitting at home looking at the hamburger meat that used to be a pair of legs attached to my body. There is a small fire inside them, and whatever lotion they put on the bumps and redness, well, it hasn't so much started doing its job yet. I think I will just stick to using a razor from now on. Celebrities can keep their perfectly smooth legs and I will be just fine with my shaved ones.

1 comment: