Sunday, June 12, 2011

All You Need is Love

So, I realize probably the majority of the people who read my blog also are my friends on Facebook, so you are just going to have to deal with the fact that these pictures are there also. It's like getting another special dose of my family.



Today I had the opportunity to go to a farewell with a couple of my friends. It was also a homecoming for another guy in their ward so the church was packed. The particular place that we went to didn't have an overflow section for when the church gets really full, so this caused a couple of problems. Well anyway, we walked in and there was not a place in that whole church to sit so we just kind of stood there. Then a guy comes up to us and tells the 3 of us to go sit up on the stage so we do just that. Can I just say... Awkward! Every single person in the church stared up at us as we sat there for the world to see. That was less than fun for me. But it was a really good meeting so I am glad I went.

As I sit here contemplating what to do with the rest of my life, I just have to wonder when life has ever been easy and why I expected anything more from it. I've had to deal with what I believe to be a considerable amount of drama and hard feelings my first year of college, so I have a less than enthusiastic desire to return. I don't know what these next couple of months will bring and I can sit here stressing out about it, or I can enjoy my family and the time I can spend with them when I'm not working, I can enjoy the fact that I have a good job and a stable relationship with the people I work with, I can reflect upon the many enjoyable times that I've spent with my friends here, and I can be happy that I have the things that I do. I don't know if I will ever go back to college and I don't know if I will move out of my parents house (joke), but I do know that I have a huge support system behind me and no matter what I choose to do, I will always have someone to hold my hand and get me through the rough times. To shorten this story my mood is grateful.

2 comments:

  1. When you decide it's time to move out of your parents' house, you're moving in with me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. into YOUR parents house :) haha

    ReplyDelete