Monday, June 20, 2011

Close Calls

You would think I could go a day without almost dying, getting attacked by an animal, or just simply breaking down. Today, I was mowing at a place with a lot of low hanging pine trees and we have to mow under them so you have to duck really low so the branch doesn't hit you in the face. There was a particularly low branch so I flattened myself and went under. As I came up, my sweatshirt strings snagged the branch without me knowing, and as I continued on, my sweatshirt got tighter and tighter around my neck. I couldn't back up because there was a tree in the way so I just had to continue going forward hoping the tree would let go before I lost all air supply, fell off my mower, and got run over by my very own lawn mower blades. But the happy ending is that the tree let go and I was able to finish the lawn without any other snags. No pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment