Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Day, Another Dollar


Driving to American Falls and back 2 times a week can get pretty  monotonous.  To curb the boredom, me and Cassie my truck partner made up some games. The first one (my favorite) is when the truck is dead silent and neither of us are really paying attention to anything as we drive around from place to place. I wait for the right moment then turn to her really fast and scream at her or say rawr! or just made a loud noise. She jumps so high and makes a terrified face. I can do this at least 3 or 4 times in a day and I get the same reaction every time. It is so much fun for me. The second is at any given time to just say 'what are you thinking about right now!' Sometimes we are both thinking some pretty weird things and we can get each other laughing for quite some time. I realize these aren't actual 'games' per say, but they keep us entertained.


These are the hands of a girl who just fixed her own mower. That's right. I had a problem and I got down inside the engine and fixed it! It took me about a half an hour but I got the plastic bag that had wrapped itself around and around my air filter under my mower out of there. You could call me a professional now. Don't mind the band-aid...hurting myself is a regular occurance at work. 






This is what happens when you try to put the truck gate up by yourself. I thought I would just be tough and speedy and chain it up, but some metal caught my thumb and sliced it open all the way around in a circle. I have no idea how I do some of the things I do, but I thought this kind of looked like a ring of fire of sorts, and of course needed to document the moment. If I come out of this job in one piece, it will be a miracle. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha I like that I am your "truck partner." Who knows what that means? Also, the scare Cassie game isn't super fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, ow! Second, wow! Third, I like you.

    ReplyDelete