Friday, July 29, 2011

Rolling in the Deep

Today was Cassie's last day. :( We all rode together in the truck, even though there was room in the other truck. So as I sat in there being poked and punched the whole drive to American Falls, I just thought to myself how much I would miss that. <insert sarcasm here> I was driving and Cheri was bugging Cas, so when she started to take a drink of her water bottle, Cheri reached over and grabbed it and squeezed it which resulted in it spewing out of Cassie's mouth all over me. We aren't talking about a few drops that would dry really quick, we are talking fully drenched. She got me wet from the top of my shoulders all the way down to my pants. Then we did a few renditions of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall, including different tones, pitches, high and low voices, and fast and slow speeds. Put us in a truck for an hour and a half and this is what happens. We also are very good at singing the theme song to The Phantom of the Opera, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, various Disney Channel shows, and medley mixes of our favorite songs on the radio. So if you ever need to hear one of those, we could probably recreate that moment.

I have been doing so good these last couple of weeks with not hitting anything. Today I was on Old Rickety's Grandpa (the oldest and slowest mower we have) and I ran over a dead bird accidentally!!! It was so gross and it sucked it right up and the feathers of course went everywhere and it made me not want to empty it because that thing doesn't hold much grass so I was sure it was sitting right there on top of the pile when I went to dump it. I am sure the reason the cows that we feed with our grass are so healthy is because we give them lots of things like plastic, boxes, birds, and the little flags that alert us that the grass has been sprayed. All of which I suck up into the back of my mower. All in a day's work.

Adelle's song Rolling in the Deep came on at least 4 times today. It has been stuck in my head for a good 3 hours. Cheri and I sing it better than her...I'm fairly certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment