Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thomas and Friends

I have never in all my 11 weeks of mowing seen any creatures other than birds, spiders, the occasional squirrel, and normal things like horses, cats, and dogs. Today, I saw TWO snakes! As you read this next paragraph, imagine my high pitched, panicked voice.

I was mowing at this big softball field in the back of a church and suddenly I saw this slippery, slimy, slithery huge snake! It was huge and nasty and I hate snakes. I do not like snakes and I did not like that this particular one was in my way. I got far away from it, then because I didn't think anyone would believe me, I went and took a picture.

Then at a whole new other church in a whole entire different town, Cheri brought to my attention this little huge snake that was just chilling under the window sill of the church. I named him Thomas. We were more daring with this one, and got sticks and things to throw at it to move it. Yes, animal activists, I know this was not nice and the snake probably did not enjoy it, but it wouldn't move out of the shade and I wanted a picture.  I got up enough courage and poked it, but it still didn't move so I scooted it over, it still not making any movement. Good thing too because my camera doesn't zoom and I could have lost my life with how close I had to get for a good picture. The sacrifices I make....

 Some snake expert please tell me that this snake isn't poisonous.....

4 comments:

  1. I'll have you know that those pictures terrified me. To the point that I almost screamed when someone texted me as I was looking at your post. The terrors you go through!! I'm glad you're still alive, dear cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good thing it didn't bite you because that, my friend, is an anaconda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You almost died twice. Never scare me like that again.

    ReplyDelete