Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Junk Yard Dog

There were plenty of shirtless male models showing off their belts, but I felt safer choosing the nerd... 

The things I do for my friends. Cheri really wanted to make a seat belt belt so we had to take a little adventure over to the junk yard. We spent a couple hours going up and down the rows and rows of cars, trucks, use-to-be cars, and many many weeds, sticks, bushes, and branches in the aisles. We finally found the one in a really old beat up Cadillac. This is almost like the time she made me go about 10 to 15 miles out of town with her to the middle of nowhere as we searched for willow branches to make whistles out of. Sometimes you get an idea and you just have to run with it.

Anyway, as we were going through these seriously damaged bodies of cars, I kept getting the thought of 'what if I open this door and under the back seat there is a dead body'. Morbid, I know, but nonetheless what was on my mind at the time. Also, what is to stop some animal from making that car his new home. I wasn't interested in finding a little family of bears in a car either. Also pretty unrealistic, but in my head all the same. If anyone is in the market for a belt made from a seat belt, I got the hookup... no pun intended.

2 comments:

  1. How do you have all of these stories!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have a really hard life. Somebody's gotta live it... You weren't aware someone could have so many different things happen to them in a day were ya?

    ReplyDelete