Saturday, July 9, 2011

Old Age

Nothing like work at 7 in the morning to get a bright smile on our faces

Seriously. Who doesn't love getting a bright and early start to their day?  As we found out on Friday, both Cheri and Cassie now know how to drive the big rig, so I'm not the only one that has to do it these days! I still have to do the highway driving, but that is a lot better than driving all day every day. I was able to take a 'rest' while Cheri drove us and it was much needed because waking up at 7 is not my favorite way to start a Friday. I say rest because it would be impossible to sleep with those 2 in the truck. Between them randomly bursting out into any sort of song, hitting me, or just being impossibly loud, you can't really do anything more than just rest in there. But I kind of like them so I deal.

And nothing like an impromptu camp fire/Harry Potter Marathon celebration!

Seeing as we didn't start the movie till well after midnight, we didn't actually get a lot of watching done, but we were successful on the sleeping portion of that night. I find when you get older (yeah, I'm going to consider myself one of those oldies) you don't really need to have a lot going on. I am content just sitting on the couch listening to my friends talk (or bicker, whichever the case may be) and relax. I became a pretty successful player of Angry Birds last night, and some of the others became puzzle masters. So you may think 'Retirement Home' when we explain what we do when we hang out, but I think for the most part we have a pretty good time. I sure do love Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment