Friday, July 8, 2011

Danger: Bird Crossing.

In 20 years if there are no longer any birds on this planet, I will not be shocked or surprised. With the amount of birds that I see dead in the grass, its a wonder there are any left to fall out of the tree at all. While I was mowing along yesterday, I was in the zone and getting tons of grass mowed in not a lot of time. Suddenly I came upon an object in the grass. From previous experience, I have learned not to assume that it is just a stick or a leaf so I kind of slowed down but apparently not enough. It was a baby bird and I had too much momentum going on to be able to stop completely so it sucked the bird up right through the blades. It made a popping sound/sucking noise and all that was left was a lot of feathers. If you've ever seen Shrek, you will know what this looks like if you envision the bird that exploded and all the feathers that went everywhere. I could not believe that had just happened and I was so grossed out that there was a bird in the back of my lawn mower I could barely finish. I had a lot of visions of the bird not actually being dead and when I open the back for it to fly at my face in enraged fury that I had tried to kill it. Throughout the rest of the day I saw 2 more birds but I was sure to give them a 10 foot radius so my blades could get nowhere near them. Today, Cheri was kind enough to leave me a strip of grass to mow and right at the beginning there was this monstrous bird and it was gazing up towards the sky eyes open beak ajar just staring at me. Its legs were contorted into a strange mixed up jumble and its wings were spread wide. I obviously got a good look at it as I almost ran it over. Baby birds can go through my mower just fine but I wasn't interested in picking out bird from the inside so I avoided that guy as best as I could. Watch birds go on the endangered species list pretty soon.

Alright, my PETA moment is over.

So....in other news I have finally watched Batman for the first time....Taylor has tried to get me to watch it before now, but I was too busy. Or tired. I get insanely tired these days.

This is going to be an 'everything that is on my mind at the moment' post, so bear with me. If work is the only thing I ever talk about I'm going to lose audience members here and I have worked very hard to gain a reputation. This next story deals with my little brother.....uh sister....no brother. I think.


This little kid is my best friend. Every day when I get home from work he runs up to me and gives me a big hug. We didn't used to love each other like that, but he is warming up to me. He tells me when I go back to college (which he doesn't know isn't actually happening) he will miss me the most. If that isn't the most tender thing I have ever heard, I don't know what is. So I realize this isn't so much a story as it is a declaration of love to my youngest sibling, but just deal. 


Please enjoy this

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you were better off not blogging... haha, jk. Even though that made my heart hurt, I'm glad you blogged :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy a dead animal every now and again. NOT

    ReplyDelete