Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wilderness Day


Remember in Bambi when his mother got shot by a hunter? Well, what they left out was the part where a semi hit her and left her for dead on the side of the road first. We found her while driving to American Falls today. I mean, I would have stopped and put her in the truck with us but I feel like when she became conscious, she would not have loved that. So we just left her on the side of the road. It was sad. Then on the way back we saw another full sized deer on the side of the road by the guard rail. It was a sad day for all deer.
Then, as we were driving home through all the construction we played the 'call out every dead animal you see' game. That was a fun one and kept us entertained for quite some time.

On a happier note, as we were driving out in the country there was a mother duck on the side of the road with all her little ducklings waiting to cross the road. This is not a joke. It was the cutest thing. I thought that only happened in movies. All the babies followed behind the mother in a nice straight, probably alphabetical, line. Tender.

And on an even happier note, I left a bunch of pennies on the train tracks and I went back today and they were all squished flat. I was so excited because every time I have left them before, they got lost. But they were waiting there for me to pick up.

Don't mind my rough, calloused man hands.....

No comments:

Post a Comment