Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Couch Potato

This whole getting up at 6:30 to run thing is kind of invigorating! I never knew how much time there was in a day! Today my running partners and I decided to start the 'From Couch Potato to 5K' running program. It is a 9 week thing with guaranteed results to get up to a 5K. We will be doing 2 runs. First, the 'fun run' for the Scandinavian Festival in 3 weeks, then the Turkey Trot around Thanksgiving. I am so excited to have a plan and one that appears to work, guaranteed. Day 1 of week 1 was a little rough, but we made it and didn't wimp out once. This may be just the thing I needed.

In other news, I have now taken on my role as super sister. When my mother and I got home from running, we woke up all the kids and she went to get their clothes and I started breakfast. I also made my youngest sister a soccer bag comprised of my socks, shorts, cleats, and shin guards for her first day of soccer practice. (Side note: it is kind of frightening that my shoes fit my 13 year old sister...I don't have the smallest feet in the world) I guess it runs in the family because she made the team yesterday and both my older sisters and myself have played soccer throughout high school. I don't know where this fantastic person inside me came from, but I think my family loves her.

Well, it is time to go to the grocery store to begin this day of success. Tomorrow I start working again, so we will see how much I can accomplish this week. Its ok if you feel like a slacker today, we can't all be super. :)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha you are right, your family loves this new sister we have found! where did this come from?

    ReplyDelete