Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Habitat for Humanity

I would like to start this by saying friends are the greatest. A best friend is one you can call and vent to for an hour and they will just add the right amount of input and be just as livid as you are without even knowing why. Sometimes parents get boring to talk to, and that's why I love my best friends and the closeness we have. I love my friends so so much. Now back to our regularly scheduled program:

I think I have more adventure in a day than most people do in a year. There were frogs galore at the first place we mowed today. We didn't want to run them over because first ew and second they were so cute! So I bravely relocated some of them across the fence where they were out of harms way. They were so tender and small. And that's saying something for a reptile I barely like. Aberdeen may be considered the nature capital of the world. As we were driving down the road, a strange looking dog caught our eye in these people's backyard. Upon further investigation, we realized it was actually a deer. Yes, a deer in their backyard on their back porch. It took a couple laps around the yard then laid down on the porch for a little rest. Weirdest thing ever.
my little phone does a great job at capturing pictures of hyper baby frogs. How tender is he??


You know those days that if one thing goes wrong, they all seem to? We started off our day by forgetting to gas up the truck yesterday (by no fault of mine...) and half way down the highway I happened to glance down and notice we only had about half a tank. It takes us half a tank to get to American Falls! With nowhere to turn around because of that blasted construction, we made a quick radio call to our boss- which I'm sure was overheard by every employee there- and he gave us permission to save a receipt for reimbursement. Lucky for us our coworker had a credit card, because I don't know if you are aware but diesel is the most expensive thing ever. <side note, whoever invented diesel pumps did not put into consideration that no one would know how to work them! It took us like 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it on> If it was possible to lock our truck doors without taking out the key and manually locking it by hand, I'm sure we would have locked ourselves out of the truck as well, just to spice things up a little. Also, when we got to one of our last properties with only 3 more things to do, one of the mowers decided to reject the steering belt inside it, which promptly snapped in half. Our boss was less than happy to have to drive all the way to AF to fix it. All in all, it was great to be done with today because I am not sure I could have handled it much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment