Monday, August 15, 2011

I Can Do Anything Better Than You Can



It's a long lived battle between who can do certain things better...boys or girls? Today, I found girls got a tally in our favor. I've had my fair share of tickets turned into warnings by just shedding a little tear and maybe giving a little apologetic smile, and I won't dispute that women get away with speeding tickets more than men do.

Here's a little story:
As I've mentioned before, you can't have something go wrong without having everything go wrong. We found out at the 2nd stop of the day that one of the big riding lawn mowers had a very big flat tire. My boss sent the other lady off to the tire store to get it fixed. Not 30 minutes later, the mower I was on went flat. So flat, that the tire actually fell off the rim and resulted in me stranded with a broken mower hanging off the side walk trying to get it onto the trailer....... but that's another story... anyway, my boss sent me to go to the tire store as well. I get there just as the lady that works with me was leaving, with her fixed tire, to head back to finish the property we were mowing. She reminded me to get a print out of the receipt as she showed me hers, and went on her way. So I found a guy, waited a little because there were 18 other trucks there with broken things, and finally got some guy to come help me. I impressed him with my muscles by lifting the whole entire back of the (grass filled) mower into the air so he could get a jack under there. He even commented in a shocked way, which was a little insulting, how strong I was. Girls can be buff too. He finally fixes it and then tells me to have a great day and walks off. I head to the office to charge it to the business I work for and get a receipt. He finds me in there, gives me a confused look and I quickly explain I'm just looking for a receipt. He tells me no problem, don't even worry about it, and to have a great day! That was unexpected because the tire was majorly messed up and it took him quite awhile to fix it! I find it extremely funny that I got a free tire experience and my co-worker was charged $18 dollars for her fix (which was basically air put in). My boss said in all his years of going there he has never had them do anything for free. Guess I'm cuter :)


Side note: I ran a mile and a half tonight! And it felt great! In about a  month, expect that number to say 19 miles. Or like a hundred.

Side note part 2: I checked all of my spider traps and after changing them all to new ones, there are no more spiders! Final count: 18. So happy my room (to my knowledge) is no longer the housing development for those 8 legged guys.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! Someone's got a new man in their life! Dang hottie! ;) Also, I still think you need to move to some place a litte less spider infested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please marry that guy. I like to marry all the guys that are nice, like the mailman.

    ReplyDelete