Saturday, August 13, 2011

Relationship Over

I have had some recent (and hurtful) comments about people not liking my most current obsession with spiders. So I will talk about something else I really love. The piano. I came across this guy on YouTube who plays songs by memory. I decided I could be him. It's not so much memory but he is playing by ear. I taught myself to play 'Hallelujah' on the piano because I hear it on my Pandora station so much. I love sitting down and pounding out some notes until something recognizable comes along. My family sure loves it when I do this. Most times I play when I am home alone and am bothering less people. You know those really nice hotels that have the pianos in the lobby? I would love to stay at one and sit for hours and just play and play and play and have people walking by just stop to listen to me. I wish that I had a skill that was more than just being able to play a couple hymns for church here and there. As I was playing yesterday, my brother Eli told me he would like me to play for his baptism next month. That was tender and it made me really appreciate the fact that I could do something like that and he would request me. I love him. So to clear things up, I'm done with spiders. :) Enjoy your lives.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting an end to my misery and for sharing that young man's talent with all of us. Am I mom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still upset about not knowing about Eli's baptism, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was special. I do like pianos more than spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mean to be hurtful :(

    ReplyDelete