Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today is Tuesday.

Today I quit my job. Enough is enough, people. Ok, well actually I am not that brave. I am finishing out this week.


This was my friend, Jeremiah. I understand the traditional Jeremiah was a bullfrog, but my friend Jeremiah was just the regular kind of frog. I found him in the grass that is kind of by the river. I was trying to herd him back to the fence so he would have a chance at survival, but I couldn't bring myself to touch it just in case it was poisonous. So I got him to hop all the way to the sidewalk, and I happily showed my coworker my new friend. He took one look at him, and then ran him over with his lawn mower. I was devastated. One minute we were friends, the next he was shredded to pieces. The lawn mower didn't suck his poor, lifeless body into the back of the grass chute, it just left him on the ground for the world to see. A group of little kids discovered his blown up body, and were surrounding it, wondering what creature would produce such harm to such a poor, innocent wild frog. They were most likely traumatized for life. I had a little ceremony right there for him. Well not really, just kind of loaded up everything and left. Too bad this wasn't yesterday when we were actually at the cemetery. That would have seemed more appropriate. Rest in Peace little one.

4 comments:

  1. And you call me an animal killer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does the fun stuff happen at work when I'm not there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He hopped when I was trying to take the picture and that about scared me to death. We were long, long distance relationship friends

    ReplyDelete