Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Peanut Butter Prophet

I helped my aunt in nursery today because she had to teach all alone. There were only 2 kids, but those 2 kids were the equivalent of about 5 kids. As one of the little boys was saying the opening prayer with promptings from my aunt, this is a little how it went....
Aunt: Bless our mommies and daddies
Jake: Bless our pumpkin and pumpkins <giggle>
Aunt: Help us to be safe
Jake: Help us to pumpkin
Aunt: We love you
Jake: We pumpkin and pumpkin
Aunt: Amen
Jake: Pumpkin

I had to try so hard not to laugh at him. He thought he was clever. I guess since he was only 3 or so, we will let this slide. He had a little naughtiness in him today because as we sang 'follow the prophet' he improvised with 'follow the peanut butter prophet' and those were the only words he would sing. So funny. Then when we were eating snack, after about a banana and a half, I told him that if he ate any more he would turn into a banana. He looked at me seriously, set his banana down, then walked away. I called him back and asked him if he was done. He said emphatically 'well, I don't wanna be a nanna!!' then I laughed and told him I was just kidding and he wouldn't turn into one and with a look of relief on his face he finished it. The other little boy would run around the room and squish 'spiders' that were apparently crawling about. Then he would insist on sitting on your lap to get all of them off his shoe. I swear there had to be like 23 spiders in that room this morning. I love little kids.

1 comment: